Brooks Men's Adrenaline Gts 20 Running Shoe

Brooks Men's Adrenaline Gts 20 Running Shoe

RRP: £313.52
Price: £156.76
£156.76 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

It’s fitted with BioMoGo DNA cushioning underfoot with DNA LOFT in the heel that blends air, foam and rubber for an ultralight but durable cushion. Here’s the beauty of Brooks’ newly Guided foot motion: the same level of support in Adrenaline 19-20 is offered in a more plush version, Transcend, and a more speed-focused version, Ravenna. The word “holistic” derives from the Greek holos meaning “whole”; the metaphorical usage means a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts—which is the perfect description for Adrenaline 20 (explained below). Yesterday under the foreboding sky of a coming storm I ran some 400’s within the swirl of brisk cold-front winds, clocking 89-90-89-90-90-87 (seconds), which is right where I want to be despite no recent speedwork. Even though the medial midsole is slightly softer, its solid sidewall design provides greater stability than the grooved lateral side.

Since I already knew about the two layers of cushioning and the stability technology, I was anticipating a less than ideal assist for my fast miles. The Brooks Adrenaline update is a fantastic option for those of us that are slight overpronators (mild to moderate).In this range, you’ll find Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20 and 19 models, plus we can show you the latest ranges of Brooks GTS 21, Brooks GTS 22, and many more besides. The new mesh has a softer feel over the foot, and the lack of a sleeve results in decent ventilation levels. It's about what you can expect to pay for any comfort or stability running shoe, and, as such, it's a fair ask. Stability, cushioning, responsiveness…it all sounds like the best way to describe a good running shoe, but what do these terms really mean? The stretchy ankle opening reminds me of New Balance’s Fresh Foam Vongo V4, which I really like and just pulled out for some miles yesterday.

This is a very different product than the older Adrenaline(s) so know what you’re spending your money on. Now design: Brooks has started using its GuideRails Holistic Support System in a lot of its running shoes, including the GTS 20. It wins our Top Pick for Comfort with its improved flexibility and upper fit joined by the baseline padding and stable snugness. It keeps a secure and comfortable locked-down heel that produced no knee pain or shin splints for me, even on long road runs. Even more telling of the new EVA foams being developed, this responsiveness has continued to feel the same for me after a few hundred miles.

The internal heel counter is top notch to direct heel motion forward, with padding around the collar that is ultra in the back and tapers toward the laces. Adrenaline performed as needed, slightly bulky compared with a speed shoe, but great for a shoe I ran 10 miles in the day before…my current “long” run. Overpronation in the arch can affect the whole body and cause discomfort in the heel, ankles, achilles tendons, shins, outside knee, outer hip, as well as the arches.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop