Posted 2 Mar 2019, 7:49 p.m.

Dear Ladies, Gentlemen and everybody in between,

For those of you that don’t know me, please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Michael Buttigieg. You may know me from such Bandsoc vintage bands as 2009’s Heat 5 fifth placers Fifth “Blink 182” Avenue, 2010 finalists and 2011 BOTB winners Fly “Ackbar were robbed” By “223 LOL” Night, and 2012’s runners up Scored For Style Points*. So, I’m kind of a big deal (Anchorman reference). Next week I will also have the privilege of judging the Final for the second time, having judged a heat or two here and there since 2013.

I have also been lucky to play music with the same two guys I started out at Warwick with, aaaaaall the way back in 2008, when you could make a joke and somebody wouldn’t get offended (loving the meme page btw, please keep that up). We have gone through guitarists like Spinal Tap went through drummers, so have decided to cut out the middle man and are now a tasty tasty three piece.

I would like to present to you our fourth and latest incarnation: XYears, which you can find more about and listen to a teaser of our debut hot new album “Ten”, out on 30th June, at http://xyears.co.uk.

Album teaser here: https://youtu.be/i8_hNwVu948

If you’re into prog, in timing that isn’t 4/4, then this is definitely the band for you. 

Peace, and looking forward to meeting you all next Thursday at the final

Michael xoxo 

*PS I was also a 2012 semi finalist in a happy hardcore band called The Price We Pay. I needed a bassist and there was a wide eyed fresher called Daniel Carlotta Jones who we let join. That was his first semi. The rest, as they say, is history. I’m so sorry. 

Posted 3 Mar 2019, 6:40 p.m.

Oh boy am I excited to hear this. 

Posted 3 Mar 2019, 6:43 p.m.

P.s. Nice website, nearly as good as the independent group immediately after they launched

Posted 4 Mar 2019, 9:18 a.m.

Yes both our websites are clear, concise, slick, with a uniting message, glad you like them both!

Posted 4 Mar 2019, 10:24 a.m.

I see that, I do.

Posted 7 Mar 2019, 6:13 p.m.

I can't tell if this is a joke?

Are you actually releasing the Fly By Night album after 3 band names and 10 years???

Posted 7 Mar 2019, 7:05 p.m.

No, new band, new music, same members, ten years later. 

Posted 8 Mar 2019, 12:45 a.m.

2 2 3

Posted 8 Mar 2019, 1:54 a.m.

Which is what Dan got tonight LOL

Posted 8 Mar 2019, 8 a.m.

Hahahahahahaha YAY