Posted 12 Oct 2012, 5:02 p.m.

i think people are making to many assumtions about what qualifies as 'good taste'.

I like people who listen to music because they like how it sounds.
Hence range has nothing to do with it. I have quite a narrow range of taste, but it make me critisize other peoples (I might wince from time to time).

to ed prior; what is the point of lemmy then?

also, people's posts are too long. can you all shorten them please? i havent got time to read all this stuff. im a busy man, you know.

regards,

max cummings etc etc

No you're not, you're going to see Busted! People kill for tickets to their gigs!

you're damned straight they kill for tickets to see busted. what do you think happened to STRHEAD? he didnt just graduate, you know. i popped a cap in his ass and took his busted tickets.

regards,

max

i didnt really kill STRHEAD, by the way. i could never do that. his disappearance was merely a curious accident.

Max

Max Cummings: to ed prior; what is the point of lemmy then?

To be ugly, noisey, take shitloads of speed, play fast and LOUD and say a big fuck you to the world of commericalism in general. Ultimately, to be Lemmy.
I guess he's someone you either love, hate or don't give a shit about. Personally I love all the stories about Motorhead and the way every picture of them seems to have naked women in.
I'm a simple person, with simple tastes and, until the rise of Zakk Wylde, Lemmy was the soul of metalheads everywhere.
Yeah, his music isn't amazing, or beautiful, but when I'm pissed off, or depressed or whatever whacking on some Motorhead (or other thrash) will generally do the trick. Sure, I couldn't listen to a Motorhead album for hours and hours on end. You can't dissect it and find all sorts of interesting modes and things, but that's just not the point.
As I say, if you're not a metalhead you're not going to get the whole Lemmy thing, but then I'm pretty sure that was my whole point in the first place.

Ed Prior: whacking on some Motorhead (or other thrash) will generally do the trick

Yeah, whacking on lemmy. we've all been there.

Regards,

Max blah blah

Proper beer is Boddingtons smooth flow from a can, and proper music is, certainly, embodied by the Cheeky Girls :shock:

hehe MY ARSE!!!

not really.

I'm with you guys on that one; proper beer, proper music. <- the thruth

(That said, i've not met Suzi Quatro) <- also true, but unimportant.

And keeping (slightly) topical, Lemmy sounds like any elderly-smoker-relative i've ever know - like the 80yr old granny who always wants you to dance at a wedding/family occaision/rodeo event.

heheheh long and odd post.

I am a total music snob, but I can still go to Top B and have fun - its not the music, which you can block out after a while - I go cos I know some of my friends will be there who I don't see often, and I can chat to them. The poor loves can't help it if they like bad music. And if I feel I just have to get out of the flat on a Monday, there's nowhere else to go. And Top B is also sometimes a chance to go to a society event for free - as with Offbeat in Week 14, and UNDERGROUND in Week 19!* See the Union isn't all bad.

Ed Prior: The point is if you go on DC++ and look at peoples mp3s, even the ones with some good stuff usually have a load of shit too, which to me suggests that they have no real taste.

So we should all look up each other's lists cos we obviously have better music than most of Warwick. I'm 'Jo-ster', go help yourself to some mp3s of wonder.

* Don't miss our other events, Friday week 14 with live music from Brunettie! And Wednesday week 17. All in Zippy's.

Posted 12 Oct 2012, 5:03 p.m.

joanne: I am a total music snob, but I can still go to Top B and wrestle a car park attendant to the floor in 25seconds. Now that's impressive!!!

Erm?? yeah. Even though you didn't say that, it is still impressive. :shock: