Posted 25 Sep 2010, 9:49 a.m.

I just got paid and I want to update my computer speakers. I currently have JBL Creature speakers but I don't like the fact that I have to play with the Treble and Bass settings for every song that I play.

I'm looking for a decent set of studio quality speakers, cos I do alot of recording and my JBLs don't seem to cut it.

I have roughly £100, will go upto £150 if I really like them or they have really good reviews.

Posted 10 May 2011, 3:28 p.m.

if you want your mixes to translate well, ure gonna need to invest in some relatively flat monitors. For that price range, might be worth having a look at eBay for a good bargain. I've seen some KRK generation 1 rokit 5's go pretty cheap. In my opinion - KRK's are the way to go. I just bought a pair of KRK G2 RP6's, and it's opened up a whole world of detail that my old shitty computer speakrs/sub covered up with its eq colouring.

Yamaha HS50m or KRK G1 Rokit 5's could be the ticket... Just gotta find a good 2nd hand deal.

Posted 22 Aug 2011, 1:42 p.m.

I've been using reference headphones for mixing my recordings and they seem to be working pretty well. Got mine from MusicOnPC; cheapest I could find and quick delivery (they quote 3-5 working days for the free delivery option, but I've always gotten my stuff in 3 or less)