LG gram 2022 laptop 17Z90Q - 17 Inch, Intel Evo Core i7 - 12th Gen, 80Wh Battery, (2560 x 1600 px), 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD Memory, Windows 11 OS - Black

£0.5
FREE Shipping

LG gram 2022 laptop 17Z90Q - 17 Inch, Intel Evo Core i7 - 12th Gen, 80Wh Battery, (2560 x 1600 px), 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD Memory, Windows 11 OS - Black

RRP: £1
Price: £0.5
£0.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

An RTX 2050 dGPU is also available on some variants of this laptop, and I expect that to come with an updated cooling module, so I can’t judge its capabilities based on this iGPU-only unit.

ACCURATE COLOURS] - The LG gram +view accurately represents your creative ideas and the colours you intended, delivering WQXGA (2560 x 1600) High Resolution and DCI-P3 99% (Typ.) supporting a wide ranging Colour gamut with an Anti-glare panel. The 16:10 Large professional Screen (which can be further extended to a 32:10 display when connected with 16 inch LG gram for full immersion to boost your productivity)

It’s not the regular matte finish available on ThinkPad or ZenBooks, but rather a balanced anti-glare finish that cuts out most of the reflections and doesn’t add noticeable graininess, a middle-ground implementation that I found excellent during my time with this laptop. In the past, LG offered glossy screens on their Grams, so this is a much-welcomed change. All these negative aspects generally result from the fanatical struggle of marketers (and therefore engineers) with the weight of a laptop (this is a Gram series). A sturdy case with a magnesium alloy frame to support the motherboard and case strength (like the Thinkpad T+ series) will drastically add weight. A better cooling system (+1-2 massive heatpipes, bigger cooler and heatsinks) will drastically increase the weight. You complain about small speakers – big ones will add weight. Large battery (with no real fundamental progress in batteries) – will increase the weight drastically. Even +2 memory slots and a second M.2 (which might be placed near battery) will add weight. That is, all the shortcomings of this series stem from a key advantage – low weight.

In all fairness, this 2022 variant is significantly faster in CPU-heavier activities than the previous generation and can run some more demanding loads as well, such as perhaps Photoshop for photo editing or some programming software. But don’t expect this to match the capabilities of higher-power ultraportable laptops or even those of other portable 17-inchers such as the Dell XPS 17 or HP Envy 17. A few other aspects worth mentioning here are the fact that this panel doesn’t get very dim at the lowest brightness setting, which could be an inconvenience when using it in a pitch-dark room, and it doesn’t get overly bright either, which could be an issue for outdoor use. So you’ll want to keep this mostly inside. We estimate Windows 11 support will end in October 2031. However, this laptop may be compatible with a future version of Windows that gets support beyond this dateFor storage, LG opted for a premium-tier PCIe gen4 Samsung PM9A1 drive here. There are two M.2 2280 slots inside. LG offers this in a few different configurations, some based entirely on an Intel 12th-gen Core P platform with Iris Xe graphics and an 80 Wh battery, well suited for daily activities and multitasking, and a few that pair the same Core P processors with an RTX 2050 dGPU and a 90 Wh battery, for those looking for a little more performance in this format. These are sold as the LG Gram 17 Pro in some markets, but the former Gram 17 variant is the one we’re discussing here.

Various other discounts might apply at the time you’re reading the article, so follow this link for updated prices and configurations in your region. Final thoughts- LG Gram 16 This change of mind return policy is in addition to, and does not affect your rights under the Australian Consumer Law including any rights you may have in respect of faulty items. To return faulty items see our Returning Faulty Items policy.

Compare

The Keyboard is not ISO standard - yes the keys are layed out for a UK audience but instead of the L shaped Enter Key they have the american style horizontal "Enter" and the "#"/"~" key is moved above "Enter". As a programmer this still throws me from time to time and it baffles me that they'd have an American enter key but not an American "Left SHIFT". So it's a half US and half UK layout where we have a UK key placements as well as "Left SHIFT" and "\" living next to one another (as the Queen intended) but we have an American "ENTER" key with the "#" key moved up... WEIRD. At the same time, it only offers the performance of a smaller ultrabook, and is in fact outmatched by many of these modern 13 and 14-inch units, mostly because LG use a common internal design between all their Grams, thus the space in this 17-inch chassis is not fully utilized. That means this Gram 17 is mostly suited for daily tasks and multitasking, but not for serious workloads or for gaming. There’s no difference in weight from last year, which is very much a good thing. At 1.35kg it remains, rather astonishingly, a mere 65g heavier than the M1 MacBook Air. And it’s pretty much the same shape and size as before. Here it is important to understand very subtly the target audience for each model from the point of view of marketers and its size. If they are stupid or just sawing the company's budgets, there will be no sense – sales will be minimal. For example, why does LG make the Gram 16 series with a mutilated numpad, when there is a 17 series with a full-fledged one? Who would agree to carry a 16" (which is uncomfortable in itself) instead of a full-fledged by keyboard 17? From my point of view, the 16" series is pointless to buy. W (~10 h of use) – 1080p fullscreen video on Youtube in Edge, Optimal + Balanced Mode, screen at 60%, Wi-Fi ON;

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop