The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse (Beatrix Potter Originals)

£2.975
FREE Shipping

RRP: £5.95
Price: £2.975
£2.975 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This is part of the third series of Beatrix Potter 50ps, following the highly popular 2016 and 2017 releases that coin collectors loved.

Shuh, shuh! Out of here right now and take your dirty feet with you!’ she cried, with a clatter of her dust-pan, when she found a lost beetle. Such a funny house! There were yards and yards of sandy passages, leading to store-rooms and nut cellars and seed cellars, all amongst the roots of the hedge. Once upon a time, a little wood-mouse called Mrs Tittlemouse lived in a house hidden among the roots of a hedge. There was a kitchen, a parlour, a pantry, a larder and lots and lots of sandy passages, leading to storerooms and cellars where she tidily stored all the nuts and seeds she found. Mrs T humoured him and gave him some food but he was messy and Mrs T had to follow him around with a dish cloth to wipe his large footmarks off the parlour floor. Eventually, after Mr J had caused havoc in the tidy house, Mrs T said, 'Get out, you nasty old toad. I shall go distracted.'

Enjoyed that? Then you might like these...

Mrs. Tittlemouse began to pull out the moss. Three or four other bees put their heads out, and buzzed fiercely. Additionally, the coin was also minted as a Brilliant Uncirculated variety in individual presentation folders as well as complete sets, in addition to silver proof versions. I smell a smell of honey; is it the cowslips outside, in the hedge? I am sure I can see the marks of little dirty feet.”

The story follows Mrs. Tittlemouse, a wood mouse, as she faces the challenges of maintaining a tidy home. She encounters and rejects unwanted guests such as beetles, a ladybird, and a large spider seeking shelter from the rain. In one of her pathways, she encounters Babbitty Bumble, a bumblebee. Inside a storeroom, she finds a nest of four additional bees that she can't remove. I really love the inclusion of the home aspect, and that home is a persons’ (or animals) sanctuary. I know it certainly is for me. It makes you appreciate taking pride and pleasure in your home. The illustrations are always beautiful and charming. All the 2018 Beatrix Potter 50p coins had a relatively low mintage with the rarest 50p coins in the Beatrix Potter series being the 2018 Peter Rabbit and the 2018 Flopsy Bunny 50p coin, which both have a mintage of 1.4 million. To complete the series that year, the 2018 Tailor of Gloucester 50p had a mintage of just 1.7 million, Zizz, Wizz, Wizzz!” replied Babbitty Bumble in a peevish squeak. She sidled down a passage, and disappeared into a storeroom which had been used for acorns.

Open Library

The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse is number eleven in Beatrix Potter's series of 23 little books, the titles of which are as follows: Mrs. Tittlemouse sends the uninvited ladybird away with a variant of the traditional nursery rhyme Ladybird, Ladybird: "Your house is on fire, Mother Ladybird! Fly away home to your children!". She then bumps into a spider who asks her: "Beg pardon, is this not Miss Muffet's?", a reference to the nursery rhyme Little Miss Muffet. Tiddly, Widdly, Mrs Tittlemouse, but I can smell it!’ replied the toad, ‘It’s the reason why I came.’ And with that, he got up and started looking around. He looked in the cupboard...and the pantry...and the larder...

So they handed him out acorn cupfuls of honeydew through the window, and he was not at all offended. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mrs. Tittlemouse! Now what I really—really should like—would be a little dish of honey!” This original, authorised version has been lovingly recreated electronically for the first time, with reproductions of Potter's unmistakeable artwork optimised for use on colour devices such as the iPad. Tidy was the word. For Mrs Tittlemouse was a very tidy mouse indeed! She was always sweeping and dusting the soft sandy floors. And she had to, because unwanted visitors were coming into her home without invitation, bringing all kinds of untidiness with them.The 2018 Mrs Tittlemouse 50p is one of the rarer Beatrix Potter commemorative 50p coins in circulation in Britain today with just 1.7 million released in 2018. Is that honey?’ she wondered. ‘And are those dirty little footprints?’ Then, as she rounded a corner, she bumped straight into a buzzy bumble bee. The bee’s name was Babbitty Bumble. ‘Oh deary me,’ said Mrs Tittlemouse, rather crossly. ‘What are you doing in my home without an invitation?’ Good-day, Babbitty Bumble; I should be glad to buy some bees-wax. But what are you doing down here? Why do you always come in at a window, and say, Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz?” Mrs. Tittle-mouse began to get cross. In her thirties, Potter published the highly successful children's book The Tale of Peter Rabbit and became secretly engaged to her publisher, Norman Warne, causing a breach with her parents, who disapproved of his social status. Warne died before the wedding. Let's explore the incredible story of this unique 2018 special edition 50p coin and learn about its value and rarity

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop