Feathers in the Snow (Modern Plays)

Feathers in the Snow (Modern Plays)

RRP: £11.99
Price: £5.995
£5.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Trevor: The bully of the sixth grade. He especially hates Jesus Boy because he is the only one lighter-skinned than Trevor. Since Jesus Boy will not identify with being white, Trevor turns upon him. Even more curious than the guards’ behavior were the birds. Now, Tommy could admit that he hadn’t paid much attention to the wildlife when he was in a mad dash for his life, but now he couldn’t help but notice the sheer magnitude of birds. Crows, to be precise, were present in surprisingly large numbers. The air was filled with their raucous calls and fluttering wings, creating a stark contrast to the otherwise calm atmosphere. In Tommy’s past experiences, crows weren’t known to be fans of freezing conditions, but maybe he was mistaken. Or perhaps this world had a different set of rules.

The crows only began to appear in the afternoon, suggesting that perhaps they actually weren’t too thrilled about the cold. So, I am posting this a bit before I had planned to. I was planning to get it out next Friday... but turns out that all the author notes about comments and kudos being motivating were no joke. Thanks!An idea popped up in Veronica's mind and she hoped that the house's previous owners, which were still in the process of moving out to leave it to Roger, had what she needed. If not, she was ready to pull the you can't say no to a pregnant woman card, as much as she hated to do that. Phil’s smile widened, but a predatory glint in his eyes turned his friendly grin into something sharper, more cunning. “Tommy...” He practically purred the name, a note of possessiveness creeping into his tone. “Please, have something to eat, mate. You’re all skin and bones.” After reading this, Frannie spends the rest of the book trying to understand hope. How does it have feathers? What? Don’t like my garden?” A voice came from right next to him as though it had been carried in on the breeze.

Well, I needed a place to keep all my feathers,” Tommy responded, peering out the makeshift window. The streets below were devoid of any guards. They had been empty for at least ten minutes now. Do you mind if I join you?” the winged man asked, his tone light and friendly. “I’ve always found corvids to be rather intelligent creatures that are quite adept at judging character. I’m intrigued to know someone who’s earned a crow’s favor.” Without waiting for Tommy’s response, the man confidently moved past him and claimed the seat at the other end of the table.As well as the cast already mentioned (who all play several other roles), 24 of over 70 named characters are played by members of an ensemble drawn from the Southwark Playhouse Young Company, set up to give people aged 16-25 with little or no formal drama training or acting experience the opportunity to “get involved, get some skills and get on stage”. And I am not being patronising when I say “didn’t they do well”. The demands made on them are considerable and they handle them like professionals and with consummate teamwork. Yes, we can prepare hot chocolate for everyone, but I'm afraid we’ll have to have it outside…" Dom sighed, the two of them were allowed to stay inside the house because Dominique was arranging things with the owners and Veronica was quite far in the pregnancy, but the boys and the filming crew had to stay outdoors, freezing in the garden, allowed only to use the loo if needed. Just a sip to fight the freezing cold!" He had said in the morning, before taking at least a dozen of said sips, if not more. Feathers is a children's historical novel by Jacqueline Woodson that was first published in 2007. The story is about a sixth-grade girl named Frannie growing up in the '70s. One day an unexpected new student causes much chaos to the class because he is the only white boy in the whole school. Feathers grapples with concepts such as religion, race, hope, and understanding. The book examines what it was like to grow up right after segregation had been outlawed, how all people are equal, and that hope is everywhere. The book was a Newbery Honor winner in 2008. [1] Summary [ edit ]

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop