Bent Road: A Novel

Bent Road: A Novel

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I guess one thing I didn't like about this book is the negative light in which rural farm life is portrayed. But she seems to appear again in the form of Little Evie Scott, her niece and a dead ringer for Eve. Roy portrays a very real picture of farm life, country folk, and the secrets a family will go to all lengths to hide, even from each other. I was disappointed, especially after reading bookmarks magazine and being told this book is reminiscent of Tana French's work. But Little Evie soon becomes overwhelmed and haunted by the secrets of the adults in her family and in the small town near Bent Road by her resemblance to her dead aunt.

He went into semi-retirement in the mid-1930s, but briefly emerged to entertain troops in World War II. Right or wrong, this fact is ultimately what prompts him to uproot his family and move them all back to his small hometown where his older sister mysterious died so many years ago. The marketing agents are pleased to invite early internal inspection of this deceptively spacious 2 bedroom semi-detached villa, centrally located in Hamilton, a short distance from Hamilton . The family struggles to stay united, but barely, and in the meantime the mystery of who killed Eve begins to threaten to expose the prejudices the Scott family had used to sustain their roles with each other. Any "Author Information" displayed below reflects the author's biography at the time this particular book was published.I would recommend this for anyone 18+ who enjoys stories of family secrets and mysteries of the non-cozy type.

Listed here are the 10 closest secondary schools to Bent Road, Chapelhall, Airdrie, Scotland, ML6 8ST. Set within one of Hamilton's most sought after developments and occupying the ground floor position, lies this bright and spacious two bedroom apartment. This is done to preserve the anonymity of the people in that area, as some postcodes cover a very small area, sometimes a single building. The postcode is within the Airdrie South ward/electoral division, which is in the UK Parliamentary Constituency of Airdrie and Shotts.What did bother me was the fact that none of the characters were likable, not even young Evie, and especially not Daniel. of residents state that they have no religion or are Atheist, while 7% did not state their religious views. Evie has stayed with me as the haunting conscience, the wailing Cassandra, who remains stunted and ignored until truths are recognized. While many of us romanticizes about small town living where everyone is neighborly, and it’s a safe place to raise your kids; Roy knows better and shows the dark underbelly of small town-small minded living.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop