FREE Shipping

Ink

RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.995
£3.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Everything 15-year-old Pearl knows is Seed, the nature-loving community she’s lived in all her life: cut off from the outside world and led by the mysterious Papa S. An uncompromising and truly fantastic read, Seed will stay with you for a long time. Az emberek virágot és ételt hoztak nekünk, hogy megkönnyítsék az utolsó néhány napot. Apró figyelmesség volt ez apa felé, amikor már semmi mást nem tehettek érte. Nem mi voltunk az egyetlenek, akiknek összetört aszíve, apát nagyon sokan szerették. Akonyhát fonnyadó virágszirmok és vízben rothadó virágszárak szaga járta át, meg asok egytálételé, amit már nem ettünk meg. Úgy tűnt, ahalál megnyerte aversenyt, és utolérte apát. Anya még szorosabban betakargatta apokrócokkal, aztán letörölgette averejtéket ahomlokáról. Apa reszketett, alélegzete szaggatottnak hatott.

Ink by Alice Broadway - Ebook | Scribd Ink by Alice Broadway - Ebook | Scribd

A lélekbíráló ceremónia az az esemény, amelyen avezetők eldöntik, milyen sors vár alelkedre. Addigra áttanulmányozzák apa könyvét, és megállapítják, hogy méltó életet élt-e. Akiket érdemesnek találnak, azok hazamehetnek acsaládjukhoz, és elhelyezhetik őket az őseik mellett, így ezután örökre megmaradhatnak az emlékezetben úgy, hogy újra és újra olvassák könyveiket. Alelkük biztonságban lesz atúlvilágon. Ha viszont valakit nem találnak érdemesnek, lelküket akönyvükkel együtt elégetik. Avalóságban még sosem láttam ilyet, de állítólag soha nem felejted el az égő emberi bőr iszonyatos szagát. Apával azonban ez nem fog megtörténni, hiszen nála senki sem élhetett tisztább és jobb életet.

Aztán az egész elméletem romba dőlt, amikor bevezettek minket az előcsarnokból egy kisebb, teljesen egyszerű, fehérre festett szobába, ahol mindössze két szék állt egy fából készült asztal előtt, az asztalon pedig egy kis szerkezet. Inkább valamilyen fém kupolához hasonlított, amiből drótok ágaztak el. Egyszerű lámpával világították meg felülről. Odabent egy férfi várt bennünket, kezében jegyzetfüzetet tartott, és hellyel kínált. Amikor apa látta rajtam, hogy ideges vagyok, kérte, hogy vele kezdjék. Leült aszékre, bal tenyerét akupolára tette, és mosolyogva nézett, miközben megjegyezte: Mel: The official story-teller of Saintstone and mentor to Leora. Chosen at childhood to carry the stories of Saintstone whilst forbidden to have a family of her own. Leora's conflicting feelings about the two communities and their histories challenge all that Mel has been brought up and taught to believe, and she begins to see the truth and the lies in both side's stories. Before I close, I do have to mention that the book itself is unusually beautiful (just look at the pictures below); if only it was as interesting on the inside as it is on the cover. a b Lea, Richard (9 February 2017). "Alice Broadway: 'I guess it's inevitable that I became a bit death-obsessed' ". The Guardian . Retrieved 7 May 2019.

Ink | BookTrust Ink | BookTrust

You’ve heard of love at first sight? You’ve heard of a prince that falls in love with the beautiful maiden the moment he sees her? You’ve heard the fairy tales and the happily ever afters?” I would nod, eyes wide. “Well, that’s not our story.” Leora aspires to become an 'inker'; a professional tattoo artist. When Leora's father dies, she finds comfort thinking that his skin book will be kept and remembered, believing he had led a good life. But when she discovers that his book has been tampered with and a mark removed, she begins to question his legacy and seeks to learn the truth. With the help of her friends, Verity and Oscar, and her mentor Obel, Leora sets out to solve the mystery behind her father's edited skin book and clear his name. However, her investigations uncovers connections between her father, her own past, and the 'blanks'.Social Themes: Another main focus of the books is the fear of 'otherness' and the unknown; [6] [7] the people of Saintstone have been taught to fear the blanks since childhood, while Featherstone have been taught to hate marked people. However, as Leora spends time with both societies, she learns they share many similarities and that it is the stories and lies told on both sides that keep them divided. Within both communities, there are those who see the views of the other, and who strive for acceptance and peace between the two people. [8] Mi nem félünk ahaláltól. Ha valaki biztonságosan meg van jelölve, ahalála után is tovább él. Élete testére vésett története örökre életben tartja, már amennyiben kiérdemli. Megőrizzük abőrünkön életünk legfontosabb mondatait, képeit és pillanatait, történetünk örökre fennmarad az utókornak. Körülvesznek bennünket ahalottak, ám ameddig olvassák akönyveiket és emlegetik aneveiket, tovább élnek. Children's Book Award Books for Older Readers Blog Tour Round-up | Federation of Children's Book Groups". The Federation of Children's Book Groups . Retrieved 7 May 2019. Some call me the bringer death, a harbinger of sadness. To them, I am only an omen. They don't know me at all. For I am wise; I am the view from the treetops; I am the guide that leads you to something new.” After her defiance against the teachings of Saintstone and its government, Leora is presented with an opportunity only possible because of her mixed heritage. The government want to use her to infiltrate Featherstone, home to the blanks, so that they can be forever rid of them. However, Leora wishes to learn more about herself and her parents, and now no longer welcome among her own people and the mayor, Longsight, threatening her loved ones should she not comply with his demands, she is sent to earn the trust of the blanks.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop