Gold Gin Sparkling 200ml

Gold Gin Sparkling 200ml

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

So, why not turn to a Scottish gin brand that’s ready to serve up some 41% ABV gold flake fun? Swiss 24-karat edible gold is added to the Scotland-made gin and we think that exudes pure elegance… someone should sip this spirit in long silk gloves and a golden floor-length gown. The bottle was very pretty and got a 10/10 for design, with a clear agreement from the gin team that it ranked best for design compared to the two other Aldi gins we tried. Furthermore, when it comes to gold in gin, the only other available products are the ever-trendy snow globe gin liqueurs offered by Marks & Spencer and Aldi. These same light-up liqueurs also happed to be at the center of a lengthy legal battle where it was alleged that Aldi copied the design of Marks & Spencer’s holiday product. While certainly dazzling with gold, these are sweet liqueurs with ABVs around 20%.

The sweet drink would make for the perfect festive drink, especially for a Christmas party or gift. The supermarkets have launched their popular Christmas gin liqueur bottles. Both have lights at the base and edible gold flakes within the liquid. On its own, the gin liqueur isn’t bitter and is nice and fruity but I thought the pomegranate was overshadowed by the cranberry. There's a reason why the M&S snow globe has been so popular this year, and while it's a good effort from Aldi, overall it tasted a bit too sweet and we weren't as dazzled by the overall appearance of the bottle as we were with the Marks and Spencer version. Per the brand, Gilded Gin is best enjoyed with “soda water and a slice of orange or alternatively Fever Tree Elderflower Tonic.” Yum.

Seashell chocolates

To make it fair, I sampled the gin straight, as well as with lemonade (my choice of mixer). When it was straight the clementine taste was strong, however I still wouldn't be able to drink it straight. On its own, I wasn’t a big fan of the clementine taste and thought the cranberry could have been stronger.

This gin was unlike any others we tried, for starters it is a liqueur so by nature is not as strong as your traditional gin and is used as a mixer compared to a spirit. I remember seeing last years versions adorned with trees, snow and reindeers. This year, it does feature Santa's sleigh and reindeers flying over mountains.

Plans unveiled for Manchester’s tallest tower at 76-storeys high

Read more: I tried mince pies from Sainsbury's, Aldi, Tesco, M&S, Morrisons and Waitrose - and there was a clear winner Come December there’s something about having a glass of wine or gin after work that just gets even more appealing than ever - you’ve got to be prepared for your Christmas do, after all. Marks and Spencer’s version arrived on the scene a few years ago, with shoppers desperate to get their hands on the stunning bottle - and others going as far as to collect all the different flavours to create a collection. The bottle’s dome shape gives it the illusion of a snow globe, but it's the tiny gold flakes floating about that really sell it. The gold flakes seemed finer here too - but there was more. However you needed to give it a real good shake to see the effect.

Our customers have confidence in our products because they trust our quality and sourcing standards, so we will always seek to protect our reputation for freshness, quality, innovation and value – and protect our customers from obvious copies.” Get the top stories straight to your inbox by signing up for one of our free newsletters Read More Related Articles This year, Marks and Spencer's Light Up Snow Globe Gin Liqueur has been more popular than ever, and where M&S go, Aldi tends to follow. Yes, the budget retailer now has its own version, and of course it comes with an Aldi price tag. M&S has a proud history as a leading British innovator and for over 136 years customers have turned to M&S for unique, original, quality products – conceived, created and developed by us working with our trusted suppliers and produced to the highest standards,” said an M&S spokesman.

ALDI’S FESTIVE BALLYCASTLE LINE-UP INCLUDES FIRST EVER ADVENT CALENDAR

Next onto Aldi’s Haysmith’s Cranberry and Clementine Gin, perfect for those who love the tangy and sweet taste of Clementine, this gin has it all. Mixing it with tonic, the Cranberry and Clementine was still very prominent and somehow transformed from a Christmas feel to a more refreshing summer taste, helping it become the perfect all-year-round gin.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop